Storyteller is looking for stories that are mostly true-to-life with genre twists. The theme is the absurdity and alienation that we all face on a daily basis living in a world that becomes more and more virtual every day.
We're looking for stories that aren't necessarily literary, nor genre. We want stories that could be called genre-realism. Realistic plot lines with a splash of your favorite genre mixed in.
Upon acceptance, contributors are required to collaborate with editors and other contributors to revise their submission, as well as promote the issue to which their work is accepted.
- Compensation: $100 advance on a 20% royalty on individual issue sales.
- Rights: One month exclusivity & first publishing rights. Previously published work not accepted.
- Circulation: Thousands of readers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and ReadStoryteller.com.
- Average reading time: Less than thirty days. Stories selected by a team of curators.
- Word count: 5,000 to 7,500 words considered for fiction. No exceptions.
- Formatting: Curators prefer proper manuscript style. USA spelling. No manual returns.
- Editing: Our editors use Google Docs for collaborative editing.
- Contribution: Only one story may be submitted by any single author.
- Poetry not accepted.